This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Download Firefox For Mac Lion; Fixed an issue in Mac OS X 10.7 that could cause Firefox to crash; Fixed an issue caused by Apple's 'Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5' where the Java plugin would not be loaded. Jul 13, 2011 As such, Firefox 5.0.1 was released this week with workarounds for an issue in Mac OS X 10.7 that would cause Firefox to crash, as well as for an issue caused by Apple's 'Java for Mac OS X 10. On August 2, 2016, Firefox 48.0 was released. It is scheduled to be replaced by Firefox 49.0 on September 13, 2016. At that point, Mac users using OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, and 10.8 Mountain Lion will be left behind by the current versions of Firefox. It will be a sad day, as Firefox is the last major browser to support Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.8. Old Version of Firefox for Mac for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) (Intel) Website. Incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, private browsing.
Download Firefox For Mac Os 9
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Apple Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click the download button to download Firefox.
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, select the 'Download in another language' link under the download button instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) should open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox Icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, double-click the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded to open it.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, you can click .
Firefox Mac 10.6
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click to set it as your default browser. If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .