HOME > COMPANY > About DMG MORI > Corporate Profile
Dmg Mori Seiki Company Limited Price
To be the No. 1 machine tool company for the customers. DMG MORI has kept supporting the entire manufacturing world as a leading machine tool company. This process has encompassed a long history of development and challenges. Now, we aim to be the No. 1 machine tool company for our customers.
- DMG MORI is a worldwide leader of cutting machine tools for turning and milling, as well as a comprehensive supplier in additive manufacturing using powder nozzle and powder bed. DMG MORI USA - CNC machine tools for all cutting machining applications.
- DMG MORI is a worldwide leader of cutting machine tools for turning and milling, as well as a comprehensive supplier in additive manufacturing using powder nozzle and powder bed.
|Company Name||DMG MORI CO., LTD.|
|Locations||Nagoya Head Office|
2-35-16 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi 450-0002, Japan
Phone : +81-52-587-1811
Tokyo Global Headquarters
2-3-23 Shiomi Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0052, Japan
Phone : +81-3-6758-5900
|Established||October 26, 1948|
|Stock Listings||Tokyo Stock Exchanges|
|Total Assets||524,606 million yen (Consolidated)(Fiscal year ended December 31, 2019)|
|Equity Attributable to Owners|
of the Parent Company
|124,006 million yen (Consolidated)(Fiscal year ended December 31, 2019)|
|Capital||51,115 million yen|
|Business Operations||Manufacture and Sale of Machine Tools|
(Machining Centers, CNC lathes and other products)
|Fiscal Year End||31st December|
- About DMG MORI
|Traded as||FWB: GIL|
|Founded||October 1, 1870|
|Revenue||€ 2.229 billion (2014)|
|7,236 (December 31, 2014)|
DMG MORI AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT (name written in capital letters; until September 2013: Gildemeister AG, until June 2015: DMG MORI SEIKI AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT) is one of Germany's largest manufacturers of cuttingmachine tools and a manufacturer of CNC-controlled Lathes and Milling machines. Products include machines, industrial services and software and energy solutions. The SDAX technology group has 21 production sites worldwide and 161 international sales and service sites. The company is based in Bielefeld.
On 1 October 1870, locksmith Friedrich Gildemeister founded the ‘Werkzeugmaschinenfabrik (Machine Tool Plant) Gildemeister & Comp’ back in the ‘pioneer days’ in Germany. In the following decades, the plant near the Cologne-Minden train station in Bielefeld was expanded to include several production facilities.
For over 100 years – until 1976 - the company was based across the street from the main railroad station, where the hotel Bielefelder Hof and the municipal exhibition hall are now situated. Gildemeisterstraße 60 in Bielefeld has since become the group’s headquarters. Today, 7,236 employees and 261 trainees work for the group worldwide.
In 1890, the company had around 100 employees, among them a wages clerk and three technicians to assemble the machines.
In 1899, the former partnership was changed to a public limited company with capital assets of 1 million Goldmarks. In 1920 five engineers founded Maho AG as Mayr, Hoermann & Cie GmbH. Gildemeister went public in 1950 and at the end of 1969, the company became a public company with a broad spectrum of shareholders.
Merger of Deckel & Maho. Later Gildemeister
In 1993 Friederich Deckel AG and Maho AG merged. In 1994 Gildemeister AG acquired Deckel Maho AG and was renamed Deckel Maho Gildemeister AG.
In 2002, Gildemeister received approval from the German Stock Exchange for admission to the ‘Prime Standard’. Following restructuring of the German Stock Index in March 2003, the Gildemeister share was listed on the SDAX. At the end of December 2007, Gildemeister AG was included in the MDAX stock index.
In 2008, the Public Prosecutor’s Office initiated proceedings against the Gildemeister AG CEO, Rüdiger Kapitza. The charges brought against him included embezzlement, fraud, corruption and tax evasion. In late summer, the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Financial Market Authority, BaFin, stopped their unsuccessful investigations into insider trading. However, proceedings continued in other areas. Investigations in Austria were also finally stopped in March 2013 and Kapitza was cleared of suspicion of embezzlement and fraud.
Cooperation with Mori Seiki
Mori Seiki Parts And Service
In March 2009, the company signed a cooperation agreement with the Japanese company Mori Seiki. This agreement allowed the company to further consolidate its sales and service network in global key markets. The cooperation in markets in Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia and Turkey  was followed by the USA and India.Since September 2011, the two companies have continued to further expand their joint market presence in Europe.
In order to strengthen their successful global cooperation, Gildemeister and Mori Seiki signed a cooperation agreement and decided to align their company names. On 1 October 2013, Gildemeister Aktiengesellschaft became DMG MORI Seiki Aktiengesellschaft. Mori Seiki changed its name to DMG MORI Seiki Company Limited. On the global market, both companies used the DMG MORI brand.
On 21 January 2015, the DMG MORI Seiki Aktiengesellschaft signed another cooperation agreement with DMG MORI Seiki Co., Ltd. This agreement specified objectives for strategic growth and sought to consolidate the successful cooperation between the companies. On 8 June 2015, DMG MORI Seiki Aktiengesellschaft became DMG MORI Aktiengesellschaft and DMG MORI Seiki Company Limited changed its name to DMG MORI Company Limited as a further confirmation of the merger.
Both companies are main shareholders: DMG MORI AG (Gildemeister), holds 9.6 per cent of DMG MORI CO. LTD. and DMG MORI CO. LTD. holds 52.54 per cent (status: 7 May 2015) of DMG MORI AG.
- ^ abGildemeister AG. 'Geschäftsbericht 2014'(PDF; 1,6 MB). Retrieved 2015-06-21.[permanent dead link]
- ^'Machine Tool Scoreboard (Ranking der weltweit umsatzstärksten WZM-Produzenten)'. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- ^Gildemeister AG. 'Zwischenbericht 1. Halbjahr 2013'(PDF). Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- ^Gildemeister AG (2007-12-10). 'Gildemeister steigt in den MDAX auf'. Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- ^Handelsblatt (2008-01-16). 'Razzia bei Gildemeister'. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- ^RP-Online (2008-07-14). 'Insiderhandel bei Gildemeister: BaFin stellt Ermittlungen ein'. Retrieved 2010-05-31.[permanent dead link]
- ^Focus (2009-08-16). 'Neue Ermittlungen gegen Gildemeister-Manager'. Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- ^NW (2013-02-28). 'Gildemeister-Chef Kapitza auch in Österreich entlastet'. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- ^Gildemeister AG (2009-07-01). 'Gildemeister und Mori Seiki starten gemeinsamen Vertrieb'. Archived from the original on 2012-07-01. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- ^Gildemeister AG (2010-03-11). 'Gildemeister und Mori Seiki gemeinsam in USA und Indien'. Archived from the original on 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- ^Gildemeister AG (2011-07-26). 'Gildemeister und Mori Seiki bündeln Aktivitäten in Europa'. Archived from the original on 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2010-03-23.
- ^Gildemeister AG (2011-08-02). 'Gildemeister stockt Anteil an Mori Seiki auf'. Archived from the original on 2012-02-04. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- ^Radio Bielefeld (2015-04-02). 'Mori Seiki hält jetzt über 50 Prozent'. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DMG Mori Seiki AG.|
- Documents and clippings about Gildemeister AG in the 20th Century Press Archives of the ZBW